Thursday, June 14, 2012

Aero turns 2

Technically, he turns two tomorrow.  But I can already foresee tomorrow being full of things to do to prepare for our celebration of him.  Right now I have some down time to reflect back on these past two years... And so I will try really hard to not tear up as I ponder.   But I will not succeed  :0)

Aero Stuart is a dynamic little boy.  Full of energy.  Life.  Affection.  Shrill squeals (we are trying to work on that).   Lover of balls.  Lover of hats.  Lover of the outdoors.  He is free-spirited, adventurous. Independent.  Playful.

Yet Aero will lovingly stroke my hair when I take time to straighten it- he actually notices when it looks pretty.  But then I have to comb out the peanut butter and banana bits ;0)  He took 5 whole minutes today to give me full, hard hugs around the neck, and kisses on the lips.  He melts my heart.

To this day, he still is evidence of a God who loves me, who hears my prayers and sees my tears.  Our third child was a long time in coming.  Longer than we wanted.  A more painful journey than I would have chosen.  The heavens seemed closed and silent.  No answers.  Just hopes and longing.  I came to a place of deciding to choose to trust God, even if I never got what I wanted.

And then we were given this precious little boy, so full of spunk and tenderness.  What a dynamic mix. I adore every feature of his perfect face.  His perfect kissable lips and his beautiful olive eyes.  His contagious smile and laugh.  He is just what this family needed.

I am so, so very grateful.  What a wonderful two years it has been.

Happy Birthday, Aero Stuart!!!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Precious boy! Happy birthday Aero!

Cody said...

Ugh, you just made me tear up and cry. I will never forget sitting on the couch of the house I cleaned in Black Forest with you. Yes Aero is a wonderful joy!!